Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID reader fix vs. re-make and fix problems using blueprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

I'm not sure if my previous post got deleted or not posted properly, but here is my question. https://groups.google.com/group/sci...6a9ab2c8a6f?lnk=gst&q=ssylee#e01396a9ab2c8a6f has my original question. Now I have two more questions for suggestions on top of the question on whether to fix or remake and address the issues that I have observed.

1. I have the firmware as well as the circuit used for the RFID reader circuit as well as the microcontroller communicating to it. However, there is another microcontroller that's responsible for coordinating between talking to the host computer and the RFID microcontroller. Can this be combined into one microcontroller provided that it has enough I/O pins? Also, the host computer needs to talk to another microcontroller unit that is responsible for acquiring a different set of data. Would the easiest way to coordinate this to have both those systems connect their data cables to a data acquisition board that plugs into PCI slots in computer workstation towers?

2. Given how RFID works, as well as having a blueprint of the firmware and the circuit, would the simplest way of acquiring the information on a RFID tag be have the host computer to communicate to the board, enable the RFID microcontroller to start sending the FSK signal to the antenna, process the data received from the antenna reflected back from the tag, and then send the processed data to the host computer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back