Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid based enemy detection and wireless video transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan9890

Hi... this is my final year project topic, that i'm choosing.... i actaully found the name interesting and would like to have some info on this...

Can anyone help me...

At least explain me exactly what the idea is....

Thank You...

So are you going to require the enemy soldiers to wear RFID tags just so you can detect them?

So are you going to require the enemy soldiers to wear RFID tags just so you can detect them?

I guess the idea isn't bad at all.

I suggest to have the friends wear RFID tags instead. Everyone not wearing a tag must be an enemy then.

This measure would probably prevent suicide bomb attacks in Afghanistan.

And one question: Do you consider Taliban being soldiers?

Boncuk

Last edited:
hi.. I liked ur explanation.. Any1 not wearin a tag will b the enemy.. Thnx.. Plz giv some more idea..
Is it like..
How wil Enemies detected b shown in d video? N how wil d vid b sent wirelessly?

hi.. I liked ur explanation.. Any1 not wearin a tag will b the enemy.. Thnx.. Plz giv some more idea..
Is it like..
How wil Enemies detected b shown in d video? N how wil d vid b sent wirelessly?

I will certainly try to help if you help me - omit SMS language and use pure English. I'm sorry not being able to understand your "Kauderwelsch".

IFF (Identification Friend-Foe) is a standard recognition method used in air traffic.

It was used for military purposes solely for many years and has been adapted for civilian air traffic for more safety on air ways by transmitting a requested code to a transponder on the control station to get aircraft separated for a safe distance in order to avoid mid air collisions.

Boncuk

Boncuk
Thank you, I have learned a new German word today.

Ich hatte nicht gern dieses SMS kauderwelsch! (Nigel, please dont hit me! it is not rude or derogatory).

JimB

I was using my mobile internet, thats why the sms language.... sorry..:D
So, tel me if i'm right...

people without tags will be treated as enemies and will b identified in video, and this video will be sent wirelessly via RFID to my pc.... Am i right?

Even using video not everybody not wearing a tag must necessarily be an enemy.

RFID tags have a very limited range and should be used in a canalized entry path (for good reception) within sensitive areas including video surveillance.

It's common practice to mark sensitive areas with warnings to shoot trespassers without prior warning.

RFIDs can assist by identifying "friends", but the final decision about potential enemies has to be met by guards.

RFIDs can't be used to "broadcast" video.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Boncuk
Thank you, I have learned a new German word today.

Ich hatte nicht gern dieses SMS kauderwelsch!

JimB

Hi JimB,

here is another word for your dictionary: "Radebrechen" = "Kauderwelsch" :)

Both terms are used if a foreign language is used not expressing the real term, e.g. if you order a steak in France and get served a fried boot you certainly used "Kauderwelsch". :D

You can also make a french waitress happy when ordering coffee with milk which is "cafe aux lait". Shouting "Cafe olé" points more towards a bull fight than to coffee. :)

Boncuk

Last edited:
Thanks Boncuk...
ok... So, RFID will only help me to identify friends...Right?
Another question...
If i'm transmitting the video by any means... Can i atleast highlight the people without tags in the video? Maybe by using image processing..

Also.. is it possible, that we could chat online sometime, because i need the ideas urgently.. We have to submit our synopsis for the project...
so please let me know if that is possible for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back