Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Antenna muliplexing...some doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox_hound_33

I am embarking on a RFID project in my home and would like to clear a few doubts that i have. I have no prior experiance with RFID btw.

I have a 125KHZ reader and 10 coil antennas. I would like to multiplex the antennas so that i can read them with just one reader. The antennas will be placed in a row, with about 10cm spacing.

My doubts:

1. Can i use a plain mutiplexer (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/299)? The antenna will have 60v at resonance and i was wondering whether the multiplexer would breakdown. I am not sure about current through the antenna.

2. Do i switch one wire of the coil antenna and tie up all the remaining as a common? Or do i have to switch both the wires of the coil?

3. Can i prototpe this on a breadboard? I keep reading that breadboards are bad for RF prototyping.

Is there anything else i need to be particularly aware of?

Read distance is not particularly important for me, 1-2cm is fine too. I saw 2 other threads on this subject but they didnt provide any answers.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back