Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFG 1250 rf generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

b6vel

Anyone know where i could find an exciter for this rf generator. The manufacturers will not sell to anyone, the manufacturers are a company called Advanced Energy in the states. I am in the ukand cant find them anywhere.

They will sell to people who make semiconductor fabrication equipment. Is that what you do?

There is something going on here that we are not aware of. I would think they would want to help you keep their equipment operational. There must be some reason why they are being less than helpful.

RF Exciter for RFG1250

Advanced Energy want to keep spares and repairs tied to them only so they can charge customers high repair prices so they dont sell any spare parts if they can . and when they do sell the spare parts they make them expensive. the cost of the Exciter that this person wants costs 1500 pounds ($2600) where as i can source these parts from China for $500 each.

OK, well then its not really an Advanced Energy product anymore is it. If the customer wants to go that route then in the words of the bard "he shall get as much as he deserves". If I was running or outfitting a fab I'd have a bad case of the heebie jeebies over Chinese Replacement Parts. Will the Chinese stand behind their $500 part when your line goes down and it's costing millions per hour? I think not. They are not even on board when it comes to contracts and intellectual property. I sure am glad I'm not your customer.

China supplier

We test all the components on our test beds before we use them .
PS Adavnced energy get these parts made in Malaysia and China
it probably costs them $50 for each unit . so China is ok for me
as longs as the units perform to their standard . we checked the part
numbers and AE dates and spec numbers and these were definately made for AE .

we get all our RF Power Tuibes form China as well and these have proven 100% sucessfull so far 4CX1500B 3CX3000A7 tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back