Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Tx,Rx Module ASK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im trying to use an RF Tx,Rx Module which uses ASK modulation at 433Mhz carrier .. how do i test its output ? i put a simple LED and tried to transmit some bits by a wire and it does reciever but there's some noise i feel it in the output led why is that ? i dont have a scope nor a function generator to test that really .. also i send 5V ampiltude why at the reciever the amplitude is 3V or less ? also can i send a byte without any noise or error , im really scared of that cuz i dont trust wireless or anything , dont know why ... and how to avoid noisy bytes or signals ? can i also send a byte and recieve it using this module like from serial PC to tx - Rx -> Pc ?

Thanks Alot in advance !

Do you have a scanner? Tune it to the frequency, send something while recording the scanner output and view it on something like Audacity - assuming the material you transmitt is <20khz.

The noise may be due to poor shielding. I don't quite understand how you 'feel it in the output led'...
Could we have a schematic please?

Yes you can use the PC to send serial information - you can use Hyperterminal, comes free with Windows.

The noise may be due to poor shielding. I don't quite understand how you 'feel it in the output led'...

The led just emitts random light , like dancing , not quite steady , sorry am non-native ..

its the usual RF module 433MHz
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=715]

Yes you can use the PC to send serial information - you can use Hyperterminal, comes free with Windows.

no i mean , Send serial data from pc using that RF Module without any additional things ?

The led just emitts random light , like dancing , not quite steady , sorry am non-native ..

its the usual RF module 433MHz
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=715]

no i mean , Send serial data from pc using that RF Module without any additional things ?

Hi again , i want to know a simple experiment to test that module ... send a byte from the micro and recieve it at another micro ...

I've used this module this past week and found that if the transmitter and receiver are too close together (within about 6 feet of each other) the transmitter "overpowers" the receiver and you get a whole bunch of garbage on the receiving end. Also, attaching a small helical antenna to both the transmitter and receiver got rid of a lod of errors and garbage I was seeing, here's a link where I was talking about my results:
https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=9883

I was using a PIC uC to send a "Test" string ever 0.5s and receiving them on a PC with hyperterminal hooked to the receiver via a MAX232 IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back