Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFPGA

Banned
hi , i am looking for a circuit or ready made tx module that has a range of 1 mile or more .
i will be sending data over it via FM modulation .

Has anyone used such a module or made such a ckt ?

The answer will change a lot depending on what the bandwidth of data is you wish to send.
"a mile or more" is a HUGE range to be asking for from a "basic" project.

Microchip's MRF modules can support a lot of bandwidth, and list up a 4000ft range on the MB version (in reality, nonideal conditions are common, which will reduce that range).

No, how much DATA. 300 baud? 2 Mbaud???

the data rate i am looking for is 9600 bps.
i did a little digging myself , i can use one of the microchip's RF transceiver.
the part is : MRF49XA.
but i am new to RF design , i dont how to calculate power output of a transmiiter and relate it to its range .
Say what will be the effective range of 0.4db tx or 1Watt tx???

the data rate i am looking for is 9600 bps.
i did a little digging myself , i can use one of the microchip's RF transceiver.
the part is : MRF49XA.
but i am new to RF design , i dont how to calculate power output of a transmiiter and relate it to its range .
Say what will be the effective range of 0.4db tx or 1Watt tx???

Here is a **broken link removed**. You need to know the TX power output (in dbm), the RX sensitivity (in dbm), antenna gains, and coax loss (if any). Figure crummy antennas, with gain of -10db (shortened whip instead of full dipole). Sending a signal in an urban environment is definitely more lossy than space, but it will give you a place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back