Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transmitter and Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoyC

hi, im trying to build an RF wireless remote control Power Extension with 4 sockets.

The chips im using is Holtek 12D decoder and HT12E encoder. The schematic diagram is as follow: 433MHz RF Remote Control System

Now here's my problem: (i) To switch on the D0 on the receiving side, i need to push switch D0 following by TE switch on the transmitting side. While to switch off D0 , i need to repeat the steps before which requires pushing 2 switches as well.

I'm trying to build a remote control for turning on electrical appliances. I can't connect the TE switch directly to the ground as the battery will die off very fast if transmission is going on non-stop.

Thus, im trying to add in a PIC16F887 microcontroller chip to replace these 2 switches with only 1 switch. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to do it?

Last edited:
Thus, im trying to add in a PIC16F887 microcontroller chip to replace these 2 switches with only 1 switch. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to do it?
Not like that.

What about just a diode from the /TE to /D0? When the switch on D0 is pressed, TEis pulled low through the diode.

Not like that.

What about just a diode from the /TE to /D0? When the switch on D0 is pressed, TEis pulled low through the diode.

Ok...if I follow your suggestion, it will turn on the D0 on the receiving side. But how do i switch it off then?

Ok...if I follow your suggestion, it will turn on the D0 on the receiving side. But how do i switch it off then?
I'm not sure I follow your question. If you hold the switch to D0/TE, the transmission starts. If you release the switch to D0/TE, the transmission stops.

I couldn't see in the holtek datasheet whether the TE line has to be pulled low before or after the data lines, so if it has to be pulled low after, instead of a diode, use a 10k resistor and place a 1uF cap on the /TE input.

If you want a toggle kind of configuration, that can be done at the receiver side; either use a toggle flip-flop on each output for up to 4 toggle outputs, or use e.g. D0 as on, D1 as off feeding an RS flipflop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back