Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hicks_Man

Hi guys

Im currently working on taking a temperature from a DS1620 sensor (gives a 9 bit output of the temperature, of which im only using 8 bits), putting it through a little HC08 QT1 then transmitting it through the AM-RT4 transmitter at 433MHz.

I'm having a little trouble getting my head round exactly what format this transmission will take place with.

I've bit banged the 8 bit temperature into the uC, and im adding a ID byte aswell from 2 pins of the uC. Should this just transmit if i feed it into the transmitter?
Where baud rate is 1200 as receiver (Hrr3-433) can only handle 2000.

Cheers for any help on this.

Transmitter **broken link removed**

Receiver **broken link removed**

sensor **broken link removed**

Thanks guys, its a Freescale HC08 im using, the little QT1.

Sounds a bit worrying with your decoding statement, though i admit i haven't put a lot of thought into the decoding element. I assumed my receiver would handle the capture of data quite well and i would feed the data into a uC in a similar fashion to sending it out.

Hicks_Man said:
Thanks guys, its a Freescale HC08 im using, the little QT1.

Sounds a bit worrying with your decoding statement, though i admit i haven't put a lot of thought into the decoding element. I assumed my receiver would handle the capture of data quite well and i would feed the data into a uC in a similar fashion to sending it out.

Again, I STRONGLY suggest you read my PIC tutorial, although it's not for your processor the explanations will help you a lot!.

The encoding is just as important as the decoding, but it's a lot easier to do the encoding! - but if it's not done correctly the transmission system won't work anyway!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back