Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF simulation software

Status
Not open for further replies.

froten

Hello All,

Could any body please advise a good simulation software for designing circuits up to 150Mhz? I use Multisim 10 from national instruments but I think it is not very helpfull at these frequencies. I have also downloaded Agilent ADS 2009?

any advise is very appreciated.

Simulations have enough problems with simulating normal circuits, once you get into the RF area you're going to get very different results from the simulation than you will in the real world because in the real world there are so many more parasitics to account for. What specifically are you trying to simulate?

Any Spice based simulator should have no limit to the frequency it can simulate.

As was said: "Any Spice based simulator should have no limit to the frequency it can simulate". The trick is to model all the parasitics, including the stray capacitance, wire inductance, package lead inductance, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back