Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF SIGNALS FOR 12V, 300milli amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. but as im doing it now, current is the problem.also, signal that im getting isnt continous.

Last edited:
haha. but as im doing it now, current is the problem.also, signal that im getting isnt continous.
HaHa you are doing what now? You would get more power out of a potato.
current is the problem
IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE PROBLEM! You can not make significant amounts of current from radio waves.
You can only hope for a higher voltage.
To make it better you must tune it to a nearby stashoin and you mite light an LED. You can store some energy in a cap but it will never be better than a toy and it will never ever replace a wall outlet.

Last edited:
I think your circuit is wrong or at least highly inefficient for starters. The 1N34A diode is only rated for 50 ma for example.

Second it is not tuned to any specific radio frequency either.

From what I have been seeing in the videos and from my past experiments some years ago with wireless power transmission as Nicola Tesla designed received power is highly sensitive to being properly tuned to a specific frequency which in this case is what ever the strongest local RF source is.

For what its worth I personally believe that 12 volts at 300 Ma could be achieved but not with that tiny circuit out in the middle of nowhere. Tuned to a local radio transmitters frequency and being very close to that transmitter could probably do it provided the tuning circuit is physically large enough of course.

The guy in the video I linked to is easily lighting a LED with his crystal radio based circuit but as you can see in the video the tuning coil and related componets are physically fairly large too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back