Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF SIGNALS FOR 12V, 300milli amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdce

Hi!

I am currently doing a project about producing electrical energy from rf signals.
I have now an output ranging from 5v-14v and sometimes a maximum of 18V but getting only 290micro amps. As per required on my project, i need to produce 12V and minimum of 300 milli amps. I already tried a voltage regulator but i am only getting 2v for output.

Can anyone suggest a circuit of step up voltage regulator and an amplifier so i can get the required output. please help. Thanks!

I have now an output ranging from 5v-14v and sometimes a maximum of 18V but getting only 290micro amps.
What is this output from?
Just how do you think you can get 300ma from 290ua at about the same voltage?
Is this home work?

Actually what i am doing is a project study, (harvesting energy from environment). From antenna signals, then signals being rectified i got an output of 5v-14v but a very small amount of current. i am thinking to use an amplifier for current.

You would need more power to amplify it.
You need to think in terms of power.

Often for these types of projects the voltage is stored for a period of time in a capacitor and then used at a higher current for a very brief time. I'm suprised you are getting so much.

14 volts X .00029 amps = .00406 watts thats all there is.
You can try and charge a cap but it will take a long time.
Thare is no such thing as free energy.

Last edited:
@4pyros. yes i think so, that the reason why we are only getting 2v after regulating that 14 volts is because of its very low current.

@ronv. actually u can get up to 200v dc as an output form that base on the video i watched conducting the same test.but they didnt show the value of current they're getting.

i have tried putting two resistors connected in parallel with that rectifying ciruit to somehow get a current higher than 290ua but nothing happens, it only causes the voltage to decrease. the value of that resistors i used is the same as the value of resistance of the rectifying ciruit.

What frequency are you tuning into and what power harvesting circuit are you using and with what components?

i have tried putting two resistors connected in parallel with that rectifying ciruit to somehow get a current higher
That goes against the law of physics.
Your current is coming from the source not the load.
14 volts X .00029 amps = .00406 watts thats all there is.

Last edited:
Are you trying to make a wireless charger? Perhaps we misunderstood your question. Can you post a link or a schematic? We are kind of in the dark (so to speak).

Are you trying to make a wireless charger? Perhaps we misunderstood your question. Can you post a link or a schematic? We are kind of in the dark (so to speak).
I am currently doing a project about producing electrical energy from rf signals.
Sounds like he is trying to get free energy from the air. He maybe better off using a tether or flying a kite.

from vhf and uhf. as for now im only using a rectifier circuit. 10uf 50v electrolytic capacaitors, 1N34A grmanium diode and 0.1uf capacitor.

from vhf and uhf. as for now im only using a rectifier circuit. 10uf 50v electrolytic capacaitors, 1N34A grmanium diode and 0.1uf capacitor.

What are you using for your antenna and tuning circuit?

As I said earlier we need a schematic to be able to understand what you are talking about.

This guy has a very good description of how it works and how he built his. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcui0K7JZXA&feature=related

Last edited:
You need to move next door to an AM radio station. You get a given amount of RF power depending on how far away, how many, and your antenna efficiency of the transmitter sources you pick up. From that, you can only transform it to more voltage/less current or less voltage/more current, the product being the given collected power.

High Power UHF television station are very directional in the beam formng. They target their peak radiation lobe 15 to 30 miles out. You will receive less power if you live too close as most of their power shoots over your head. I have a strong FM station about 1.5 miles away that I have to put multiple stage suckout traps to avoid it overloading my TV distribution amplifier. It produces 0.5 vrms across a 75 ohm load on my antenna (3.3 mW's).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back