Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF signal strength meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyE70f

As a part of my final year project i am require to create signal strength meter which would work in the range of 614MHz to 806MHz. Can any body tell me what is the basic working principle of a signal strength meter or any text book or any site where i can read about, please.

Also i want to know whether there is a way to test such circuit in Proteus or Multisim or any other simulator

Thank you

Last edited:
As a part of my final year project i am require to create signal strength meter
If the Field Strength Meter (FSM) is only part of the project, what is the rest of the project about?

which would work in the range of 614MHz to 806MHz.
That sounds like the frequency range of UHF TV broadcast.

Can any body tell me what is the basic working principle of a signal strength meter
What sort of signal strengths are you hoping to measure.
If the field strength is high, as if you are near to the transmitter, then a simple diode detector and meter will do the trick.
However, it you are looking to measure the field strength at some distance from the transmitter,
the FSM is effectively a complete receiver with a meter measuring the AGC voltage.
Often a spectrum analyser is used, as that is effectively a calibrated receiver.

or any text book or any site where i can read about, please.
I am sure that google could turn up something.

On edit, yes it does.
Try this for a simple one:
https://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/pics/fs_meter.png

Also i want to know whether there is a way to test such circuit in Proteus or Multisim or any other simulator
Who knows?
I don't do simulators.

JimB

Last edited:
You can use a Spectrum Analyzer!

Edit: I thought what you wanted to use.
There's another subforum for these kind of questions:
Electronic Circuits and Projects Forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads