Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been told to design an RF signal generator as part of our BE (electronics) assignment.can any of u friends help me with it.
where can i find info related to this.I tried various search engines but could not find anything of interest.

Good day Meetkushal.

Is the signal generator going to be setup as a signal generator and tracer, similar to that of test equipment? Or are you just looking for a circuit that will produce a specified RF signal?

You can www.google.com for "Signal Generator" and find a specific circuit.

RF gen(thanks johnson)

Hi Johnson,thanks for u help.
I dont require a tracer instead i just need a circuit that will produce the required RF signal.I searched google but still cannot find relevant info.so it will be of much help to me if u can send me the appropriate link.
Again thank u very much for yr message

RF signal generator really isn't very specific though it does describe a piece of test equipment that can be purchased. I think you need to describe more clearly what you need. I have RF signal generators at home that are pretty basic - produce RF voltage from 1 mHz to 450 mHz. They aren't stable or high quality but they work for me. Lab grade equipment can be had but is very expensive for a hobbyist like me.

If what you intend to do is design an equivalent to what can be purchased you might review manufacturer's specifications then create your own specification from there. For the basic items you might find an old Heathkit signal generator manual that will have the schematic. HP makes some of the better ones - I am sure you can get the schematic for one of those but you might have to purchase the manual.

I think Vellman and some other kit manufacturer's make things that loosely fit the RF signal generator description.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back