Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I need to know more about this circuit. My intention is to do a single shot to a relay to act a momentary contact.

Can you see any reason why it won't work that way.

I think I can at least build it. I'll worry about programming later.

3 channel RF remote control with TLP434A and RLP434Aproject

Here's the code. And diagrams.

kv

Attachments

• Tx circuit.GIF
    Tx circuit.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,099
  • rx circuit.GIF
    rx circuit.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 3,177
  • 3CH_RF_REMOTE_10.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 3CH_RF_remote_11.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
In theory I don't see why you couldn't use this for your purpose. One thing I'm kind of wondering about though is that in the attached transmitter schematic the ground (pin #1) for the TLP434A is connected to ground through some pushbuttons. I think this is done to save power and stop the TLP434A from drawing current unless it's necessary. If S2 is pressed, pin 1 of the TLP434A gets directly grounded but if S1 or S3 are pushed it gets grounded through a diode. This will result in the TLP434A seeing a different supply voltage when S1 & S3 are pressed than it will when S2 is pressed. If the diode Vf is only .5V - .7V then with a 3V supply the voltage that the TLP434A sees will still be above the 2.0V minimum specified in the data sheet. I'm not sure if this will have any effect at all (maybe decreased range???). Maybe it's totally fine. I just thought I'd mention it.

If you want to cheat a little I have used these units with very good success. Basic keybob like automotive keyless entry with 4 buttons (one per relay). The relays can be momentary only on while button held or setup to latch where one button push latches the relay and the second unlatches it. They had excellent range of over 100 meters for me.

I used them as a safety device. When an employee enters a hazard cramped area they place a transmitter bob around their neck. Like the help I've fallen and I can't get up.

Anyway, something to consider in kit form with all the parts you need.

Ron

Go for the Rx and Tx 433 MHz Transciever modules, it functions up to 9600 bps... For this dont go for the programming if the device you gonna controll is not so much important and security. Go for HT12D and HT12E, With these ICs you can send and receive 8 Bit wide words easily....!

Last edited:
Go for the Rx and Tx 433 MHz Transciever modules, it functions up to 9600 bps... For this dont go for the programming if the device you gonna controll is not so much important and security. Go for HT12D and HT12E, With these ICs you can send and receive 8 Bit wide words easily....!

The HT12 devices are quite limited, using PIC's to do it is FAR more versatile.

I did not get You Mr, Nigel, as The Limitation is in its range of operation....As The Range of opreration is not depend on the Encoder you are used, It will only depend upon the Transmitter and its power handling Capabilty...!The dis advantage here with Haltec IC is , will only limit the Controll word length is very small and the Security is very less..

Without programming any one can use this...

If you are ready to use the controller then the Parellel data (8 bit wide) can be send easily by using HT 12 E/D, That will reduce the Programming complication in framing the serial data , but cost will increase a bit.

I already mentioned it...

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this will have any effect at all (maybe decreased range???). Maybe it's totally fine. I just thought I'd mention it.

I only need about 5 to 10 feet it say's it's rated at 10m.

Reloadron said:
If you want to cheat a little I have used these units with very good success.

I'll check into them see if it's a better way.

Thank you.

The HT12 devices are quite limited, using PIC's to do it is FAR more versatile.

I like the idea of the kit. Eventually I'll need to build more of these as well as other circuits like the "Touch Switch" application that I finally day before Yesterday. got to work.

Ultimately I want to integrate this circuit with a battery operated "Touch Switch" it will replace the PB in diagram.

But, I like the idea of versatility. Which may lead me to get someone to assist me in designing and building the boards for me.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• Battery Touch Switch.PDF
    11.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Friday, January 18, 2002 = This Circuit is designed ? We are in 2010......

If you are ready to Program I2C bus interface , you can go for better options with Touch sensor touch Example Part no : MPR083, The Circuit you have shown will give you Much errors in Humid Env and so and so, The flipflops will trigger unwantedly.. So better is this, If you are ready for spending and Expecting versatility...!

Last edited:
I did not get You Mr, Nigel, as The Limitation is in its range of operation....As The Range of opreration is not depend on the Encoder you are used, It will only depend upon the Transmitter and its power handling Capabilty...!The dis advantage here with Haltec IC is , will only limit the Controll word length is very small and the Security is very less..

Without programming any one can use this...

That's one of the two useful features of it, the other is it's quite cheap.

If you are ready to use the controller then the Parellel data (8 bit wide) can be send easily by using HT 12 E/D, That will reduce the Programming complication in framing the serial data , but cost will increase a bit.

Completely the opposite - Holtek chips are for simple remote control, NOT data transfer - you can bodge the chips to give a crude and nasty data transfer, but it's far easier and much faster to do it directly with a micro-controller.

You are Rite Mr Goodwin, if the actual person is having less knoledge to do with boudrate and serial communication protocols then ????

And Holtec Chips are Simple remote controlls I am accepting it ... But Did You ever tried with its data transfering capability ???

i like Utilizing a - z of a part... Even we can use it for parellel to seral and Transmit --- Receive , convert in to parellel and perform the operations....!

If you don't know, then try by yourself ----- >

I will do much things with the ASICs beyond manufactures Vision.... So please

You are Rite Mr Goodwin, if the actual person is having less knoledge to do with boudrate and serial communication protocols then ????

And Holtec Chips are Simple remote controlls I am accepting it ... But Did You ever tried with its data transfering capability ???

No, but it comes up here repeatedly - with people trying to use them for data transfer - incorrectly assuming that's what they are for, so it's been discussed many times.

That is good, to make it to do that , Circuit and Controller should work well.....! You are in UK, But if you are near then I would have met you...!

Try it....!

Even my room is controlling by them, by transfering data from 89XXX parellel, As I have more functions feed back from many in remote ... in remote , i dont have space to waist for Serial communication, i gave this part to HD12X, it works like my Dream before i am creating it...!

Last edited:
That is good, to make it to do that , Circuit and Controller should work well.....! You are in UK, But if you are near then I would have met you...!

Try it....!

Even my room is controlling by them, by transfering data from 89XXX parellel, As I have more functions feed back from many in remote ... in remote , i dont have space to waist for Serial communication, i gave this part to HD12X, it works like my Dream before i am creating it...!

Sorry, I don't understand you? - how can tranferring data in a parallel fashion take more space than a single serial connection?.

Post your circuit as an example.

I guess I am missing something here along the way. Originally (way back when) Killivolt started this thread with:

I need to know more about this circuit. My intention is to do a single shot to a relay to act a momentary contact.

Can you see any reason why it won't work that way.

I think I can at least build it. I'll worry about programming later.

3 channel RF remote control with TLP434A and RLP434Aproject

Here's the code. And diagrams.

Diagrams and code followed. OK, I have a handle on it thus far.

Then a little later Killivolt added more about what he is looking to do:

I like the idea of the kit. Eventually I'll need to build more of these as well as other circuits like the "Touch Switch" application that I finally day before Yesterday. got to work.

Ultimately I want to integrate this circuit with a battery operated "Touch Switch" it will replace the PB in diagram.

But, I like the idea of versatility. Which may lead me to get someone to assist me in designing and building the boards for me.

Thanks for the input.

Attached Files

* File Type: pdf Battery Touch Switch.PDF (11.1 KB, 3 views)

Now looking at the schematic of the touch switch it looks like the game plan is to have the receiver act as a momentary touch of the touch switch circuit. That would be ultimately to toggle the output of the 74HCT74 Q outputs acting as a NO and NC with each touch. Transmit a momentary pulse and the thing toggles. Do I have that much right?

Things get weird as somehow data transfer seems to have managed to get into things. Nigel questions that and I am curious too. Killivolt never mentions data transfer? However, sanalece comes up with:

If you are ready to Program I2C bus interface , you can go for better options with Touch sensor touch Example Part no : MPR083, The Circuit you have shown will give you Much errors in Humid Env and so and so, The flipflops will trigger unwantedly.. So better is this, If you are ready for spending and Expecting versatility...!

After all sorts of other data related and distance stuff? Meanwhile, Killivolt mentions he is looking at a distance of 5 to 10 feet or let's say 3 meters? Did I get that correct?

Now way back in the beginning I suggested a simple little RF kit. This is a kit I have used in multiple locations and before using it I called the company that markets it. They told me in good open conditions it would work for 100 meters. They work fine for me in adverse and damp wet conditions in a plastic NEMA enclosure at 100 feet (about 30 meters). Additionally they can latch and have 4 channels.

The only things I seem to understand is what Nigel is sayiing.

Ron

I need more than one Touch Activated location on a table. So, if I can wire a single series wire up to 12 locations on the table with the Battery operated Touch switch which will allow for that, it's relay will bring momentary closure for the RF Transceivers momentary PB and it's corresponding relay to being momentary for the end piece of equipment completing the cycle.

The key is the RF RX Module or circuit relay needs to be momentarily fired repeatedly like a one shot.

As stated above, the hole process will be repeated as many times as needed.

Last edited:
OTAY, makes sense. The gizmo I linked to will do that or using what was originally posted build your own. Either should work just fine.

Ron

OTAY, makes sense. The gizmo I linked to will do that or using what was originally posted build your own. Either should work just fine.

Ron

Didn't mean to bring about confusion. I did get a lot out of the discussion.

Is it possible to eliminate the relay of the touch switch and feed Q1 and Q2 doubling the voltage into one of the PB simulating 3v at one of the 3 inputs? That would be ideal.

Question 1:

The " Battery Touch Switch " with a user single Touch I want both Q outputs connected directly to the TX Module inputs causing the TX to transmit

If I can couple the both Q outputs together to get the required 3v.?

Meanwhile, the RX Module will need to be able momentary close a relay with that corresponding signal.

Then this process needs to be repeatable as many times as needed.

I'm noticing that both the Touch Switch & the TX circuits require an earth ground.

Question 2: Is it possible to simulate an earth ground somehow?

I decided to run this back through the forum again when I noticed the Grounding issue.

Thanks, kv

Attachments

• Battery Touch Switch.PDF
    11.1 KB · Views: 209
  • rx circuit.GIF
    rx circuit.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Tx circuit.GIF
    Tx circuit.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 3CH_RF_REMOTE_10.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 137