Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Remote control for a Video switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vam

Hi,

I just purchased a cheap 8 channel automaitc video switcher to connect to a some video camera, that I intend to place around the house.

Features of the video switcher:

8. Video input channels (BNC connection + RCA audio jack per channel)
1. Video output channel (BNC + RCA audio jack)
1. Video switching speed controller (knob type)
1. Volume control for the Audio feed to the Monitor
8. 3 way selector switches per channel (Bypass, Auto, Home) which will Bypass (skip) the feed from the channel if selected, or feed the Video to the monitor switching between channels if Auto is selected, or display only the selectect channel if Home is selected).

Ok, what I like to do is take the feed from the switcher and split it to 3 TV's around the house, that sounds easy enough I guess. Next I would like to keep the switcher in a central location and interconnect a RF remote control unit to it, so that I can select a channel home while sitting in front of any TV, and the switcher to remotely switch to the "Home" option for the selected channel unit a switch off signal is sent. RF is prefered as there wont be line of sight within the rooms in the house.

This will also considerably cut down on my wiring cost, as I can have the switcher in a central location and have a single video feed to the various TV's.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. If necessary I can open up the unit and send some digital images. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back