Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF project (many TX to one RX) on the same channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahameedoo

Hello everyone ..:)
i have a problem, i'm a new graduated electrical engineer, and i want to make a project for the office that i work for.
basicly its a low budget project;) . i want to put a wirless device (transmitter) in each office to be used as calling bill to call the kitchen boy (i dont know what to call him :confused: !!), i have about 5 to 6 offices, and i want to put one reciever in the kitchen with a led for each office ,so that when anyone in any office calles the kitchen boy , the corresponding led will blink.
the problem is :
all the transmitters will use the same RF channel (because i intend to use one channel reciever to meet my low budget conditions), so how can i give each transmitter a unique identefier ?!!!:confused: :confused:
any ideas guys !!
help me please ..

1-where can i find that ?
2-i want this project to be super simple, i dont want to put PIC ics in the transmitters

ahameedoo said:
1-where can i find that ?

How about the web address in my signature that says "PIC Tutorials"?.

2-i want this project to be super simple, i dont want to put PIC ics in the transmitters

Using PIC's makes it 'super simple', you might also look at the Holtek range of encoder/decoder chips (essentially pre-programmed PIC's - or similar), but this is a less versatile option.

The transmitters could consist of an 8 pin PIC (or even the surface mount 6 ones), plus a transmitter module. The receiver would need a larger PIC for the number of outputs required, although an 18 pin would probably be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back