Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF power meter, tuning RF power amps, VNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

van costa

How do you tune RF power amplifiers? Do you use an RF signal generator?

A RF power meter to measure what?

The VNA vector network analyzer is used to measure what for an RF power amplifier?

Do you use an RF signal generator?
Using an RF signal generator to provide the input to the amplifier is a reasonable thing to do.

A RF power meter to measure what?
Call me Mr Obvious, but I would use one to measure the RF output power of the amplifier.

The VNA vector network analyzer is used to measure what for an RF power amplifier?
The VNA could be used to measure the input and output impedances of the amplifier.

JimB

What does it mean to Tune an RF amplifier? tuning what? and how do you tune it? trim pot?

use a spectum analyser on the output to make sure the transmitter has a clean signal
When the transmitter is not clean? what are the other signals of?

Noises from what? EMF? oscillation? crossover?

Does the Transmitter need more filtering to clean it up?

The VNA could be used to measure the input and output impedances of the amplifier.

Why do you need to know the input impedance and output impedance of the amplifier?

When is the input and output impedance measurement bad and when is the measurement good? in what ranges

Van Costa ... AKA Walters, Billy Mayo, Dexter Mccoy, Simmon, Van Castillo, Danny Davis

I agree!

JimB

I was going to say the same thing this time yesterday. This character is very obvious.
Even the young school kids who come here know more about the basics of electronics.

He sent me a private message, He's not too happy right now.
where do you live at?
If you're a real man, you can stand up to me in person right?
******* fag
you like sucking **** mother ******
i would love to beat you ass to the ground

He's having a bad day, He just got booted off Electronics Point forum for going off on Jpanhalt for referencing this thread over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back