Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF power harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
This is my first thread on this site so excuse me if it were not the correct section to discuss what i am going to ask for, anyway, i have the following problem:
I am asked to design a RF power harvesting circuit on PCB board to provide a 1.8v supply with current capability up to 500uA, ripples should be as low as possible but no obvious constraint here, the settling time should be as minimum as possible,
The input is an RF signal with 13.56MHz and peak to peak voltage 100mv, the whole circuit is simply as following: coil antenna->matching circuit->voltage multiplier->LDO
later i should include a backscattering block to transmit binary data to the reader

Allright, this was a general description to make everything clear, now i have few questions:
1-which is the best tool to use (the tool should perform both simulations and PCB layout)? i already have altium desiger but i want to make sure if there was any better tool
2-I need a discrete 4-terminal mosfet (substrate connection not dual gate) with low threshold, low parasitics, low on resistance and high current capability, actually this is my biggest problem, i don't have any idea where or how to search for one with these requirement, so any help there would be appreciated
3-After step 2 (choosing the Tr) i need to find a simulation model, the model should be pspice with any level available, but my question here is there anyway to find simulation models for cadence (virtuoso) ?
4-What is the difference between LDO and normal regulators ?

Finally, if you have any useful information related to the project i would be very grateful if you informed me

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
4. LDO is Low Drop Out which refers to input output differential. The standard 3 terminal regulators it is 3V.

RF ripple frequencies is going to be tough to regulate. High speed regulators do exist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back