Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Modules Range Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

X4ce

hello,

I'm using RF Solution's Modules for wireless data transmission. Ther are separate TX/RX units modulating at 433.92MHz.

I'm using MATRIX Board, 2" wire as antenna and some 2/3" jumpers.

I can get a maximum range of 25 feet, max is 250m.

Do i need to extend my antenna lenght to 17.3cm?
Is my MATRIX Board doing fine?
how long could be the jumper wires?

Please suggest, pictures are attached.

THX

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Attachments, previous dont work :eek:

SP_A0351.jpg

SP_A0353.jpg

SP_A0355.jpg

SP_A0357.jpg

If I understood you properly, you are to use these jumpers only for data and DC lines and not for RF signal jumping to a point where from you could connect it to an antenna. such cases the signal is picked from the TX pin and by a shielded cable (like RG174 like), you may call it feeder cable, and extend to the point where you want to transmit. there on you connect it to the Antenna whose dimension is decided at 1/4 wave length.

then the signal transfer would be optimal, even though the so called feeder may add little loss.

Hope this can be of some use to you.

hi
>>> RF Solution's Modules documentation recommends a 17.3cm antenna.

Last edited:
@mvs_sarma

Im using jumper wires for only TX,RX,DC not for ANTENNA, im connecting antenna pin to antenna using on board soldering, is this fine?

BTW, is this MATRIX BOARD gonna effect somehow?

@ericgibbs

Should i use this length antenna on both TX/RX units?

Nice info from Eric, and it should sort out your issue, provided the boards are optimally located in the cabinet you are using, thanks to Ericgibbs.

X4ce said:
@mvs_sarma

Im using jumper wires for only TX,RX,DC not for ANTENNA, im connecting antenna pin to antenna using on board soldering, is this fine?

@ericgibbs

hi x4ce,
The datasheet says both TX and RX , see the clip I posted earlier.:)

X4ce said:
@mvs_sarma

@ericgibbs

a photo of PCB implementation of Rx is attached for your appreciation. perhpas you may plan for a small pcb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back