Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Modules, and Relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZzA386

i was wondering if somebody could help me with a project im working on. i want to make a radio controlled switch. I want to build both the receiver and transmitter myself i was looking into RF modules and relays but ive never used any of these components before so i would appreciate any help with that also any hep with the actual project IE ideas,new directions, schematics. I'm hopeing it will have about a 2-3 km range and im not adverse to using pic's but as much detail as you can give on it would be really beneficial as ive never used them before. thanks in advance for all your comments and help. ps I've posted a few links below of a few sites I've found helpful

Reynolds Electronics Remote Control Store
433MHz RF Remote Control System
**broken link removed**

When you say "build both the receiver and transmitter myself", are you trying to build the RF hardware? If so, that requires some specialized parts and experience. I'd recommend buying some RF modules.

2-3km is going to be tough at the power limits imposed on license-free radio links.

no i do not want to build it from scratch i do want 2 use rf modules or pics... but if you can please go into a good bit of detail it would be appreciated... an as for the range im not 2 picky about it... any more comments or questions please dnt hesitate 2 ask guys

I have used these kits for several applications and they work well but the range is only about 100 meters. The transmitter is a keyfob assembled and the receiver is a kit. Four relay channels you set up for momentary or latching action. Again, you will not get the range you mentioned.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back