Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF module suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsey.jack

Hello everyone,

I am building a weather balloon for a research project. It will be tethered and float at a maximum height of 100 M. I plan to have it transmit the temperature via radio to a hand held unit.

I was using a pair of walkie-talkies for transmitting the signal, but I think that I may have just fried one trying to modify it for my nefarious purposes. :(

Before I go and sink another $25 on a walkie-talkie set, does anybody have any suggestions for RF modules that I could get instead? Can you buy a paired transmitter and receiver? How expensive would such a system be?

Also, will transmitting the signal via an RF module change the frequency of the signal sent?

Thanks,
Jack

Yes, I'm using a picaxe 18X chip both in the weather balloon and the hand-held module.

Would it be easier to send the data via a serial connection? I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back