Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Modulator Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFLBlitze1

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums, i have a question though, im having a problem with my set up that i have, i have a standard 50ft co-axil running from the wall to my IO DIGITAL CABLE box, from there the output goes to an RF Modulator that i bought from radioshack
https://www.radioshack.com/product/...f+modulator&kw=rf+modulator&parentPage=search
that one to be specific, from there it outputs to the input of my SHARP brand TV the RF Modulator is hooked up to my DVD player, i plan on hooking it up to my PS2 and possibly my TiVo when i figure out the answers to this problem. My problem is, when i hooked everything up originally the picture came in clear and the sound came in great. After hooking up the RF Modulator (and im 100% that i did everything correctly) the picture comes in grainy, its not unbearable but it really bothers me and would like to get it fixed, its more grainy than it is snowy but nonetheless it bothers me. I even tried using different cables that lead from the RF Modulator to the TV but to no avail. Can anyone recommend anything? A Different RF Modulator with Autosensing and atleast 4 A/V Ports or maybe some type of filter? any suggestions i will be open to.

Thanks!

My problem is, when i hooked everything up originally the picture came in clear and the sound came in great.
I don't quite understand why you needed the RF modulator then?

because the TV is old and does not have any A/V inputs, it only has a coaxil input and an audio Left and Right output

Well, i had a smaller TV that had inputs and i had an A/V Switch attached to that it was pretty simple, but this older TV is bigger its a 32 inch Tube TV, it was just in my house, so i figured id chuck the old one. Can anyone help me?

Ahhh... You really need to mention these little details right from the start. :D
It is possible that the 32 inch TV is defective or just bigger so you now notice how poor the signal was anyway. Going from composite to RF modulated you will see some signal degradation. So is the picture just as crappy from all sources (CableBox, DVD or TiVo) or is one better than the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back