Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF/Microwave Transistor Tool for TI83/84 calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebgus

Hi everyone!

I am working on a small RF/Microwave program for the TI83 and TI84 calculators. I am doing it mainly because we are allowed to use programmable calculators in school but also to learn from it!

Just wondering if someone here wants to try my program and tell me what needs to be improved and what is missing.

Features as of 2012-02-03:

- Can store entered S-parameters for later use (even if the calculator is restarted)
- Draw input and output stability circles (can also determine if the device is unconditionally stable)
- Calculate simultaneous match for bilateral transistors (and also GTmax)
- Draw constant Gl and Gs circles for unconditionally stable unilateral transistors (gonna add plots for potentially stable and bilateral transistors also)
- Calculate the Noise measure (M)
- Draw constant noise figure circles

So, does anyone wants to β-test this software?

Cheers!

So I updated it with some new features and some bug fixes.

Changelog 2012-02-04:
- Can plot Operating and Available Power-Gain circles (for stable cases)
- Fixed some special cases where the program could crash
- Added exit Screen

Download link:
**broken link removed**

Screenshots:
**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

You need to download & install the TI-Connect software and transfer both files in the zip-file!

Last edited:
Changelog 2012-02-08:
- Added GammaIn & GammaOut calculations
- Can plot VSWRin and VSWRout circles

Download link:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Changelog 2012-02-15:
- Improved the GUI by telling the user when to press the enter key
- All the values for noise and gain are both entered and displayed in dB, for consistency :)
- Added the possibility to calculate GT, GP and GA (not only draw the circles)
- If the unilateral approximation is almost valid, the program will detect this and ask the user if he/she wants to use the unilateral approximation
- Also added the possibility to plot gain circles for unstable devices and the program will tell if the device is unstable before plotting
- Overall bug fixes

Download link:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back