Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Measurement on 120V Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerWebb30

Does anyone have a circuit for measuring rf levels on a standard 120V circuit with a spectrum analyzer? I would like to plug directly into an outlet and feed the signal directly into my spectrum analyzer. Obviously the 120 volts is a problem. Is there a device or circuit out there that allows the rf signals to be pulled off of the 120V circuit and fed into a spectrum analyzer via a coax cable? The frequencies of interest are from 1Mhz to 40Mhz. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone have a circuit for measuring rf levels on a standard 120V circuit with a spectrum analyzer? I would like to plug directly into an outlet and feed the signal directly into my spectrum analyzer. Obviously the 120 volts is a problem. Is there a device or circuit out there that allows the rf signals to be pulled off of the 120V circuit and fed into a spectrum analyzer via a coax cable? The frequencies of interest are from 1Mhz to 40Mhz. Thanks in advance for any help.

What you are looking for is called an LISN:

LISN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can build your own.
Here is a schematic:
The Electrical Engineering Handbook - Google Book Search

or here;
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/01/3810-2.pdf

You must use good RF construction practice by keeping lead lengths short. Obviously you want to be careful to spec the parts to that the line voltage doesn't blow through and burn your analyzer.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

https://www.ets-lindgren.com/pdf/LisnElec.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back