Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF isolator switch idear needed for bio radar project running near 100khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul6666

dear friends
I would like to ask for some advise on a project that Iam working on
to use in my private research in real life I do hypnotherapy and use biofeedback units
EMG.ECG.EEG

and have come up with an interesting project its called a neural hetrodyne unit
and is designed to tune into the certain parts of the brain rather like a radio receiver
but not over the air it is composed of these parts a small low powered RF oscillator
worn on the wrist this basically uses a frequency of say 100khz and
this fills the body with the radio frequency when waring it if you touch a field
strength meter the needle moves showing it is inside the body it is at a safe
power that is used by hospital biomedical equipment so is safe

the main part of the devise is composed of a second transmitter that is at the same power but not high enough to cause any problems with neurons because its job is to resonate with brain impulses like a tuning fork

this transmitter is an A.M transmitter to that synthetic pulses and patterns can be mixed with the frequency
of its carrier which is also say 100khz then there is a radio receiver called a homo-dyne
which uses filters and oscillators but no inductors very easy to make

and the devise should work in this way
the small transmitter worn on the wrist sends into the body a radio wave used as the reference wave

then the A.m transmitter in the main unit is placed by a small electrode to the area of the scalp under investigation when the two radio waves meet the create upper and lower side bands and its the lower side band that we use the transmitter and receiver are joined to the same aerial and the receiver is protected from the transmitters duty cycle by an RF isolator so in fact the unit is a bio radar of sorts
there is a lot of work to do but its an interesting project

but here is the problem its the RF isolator that protects the receiver on the duty cycle of the transmitter in radar they use pin diode circuits and I even found this
RF isolator using op amps URL https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/05/Low20Frequency20Circulator-Isolator.pdf
that uses frequency starting from 1mhz a bit to hot for my liking
so do any of you electronic geniuses happen to know other ways of doing this creating a RF isolator can be achieved with low frequency rf oscillators

many thanks to you all paul 6666

The link you posted is for an circulator/isolator that goes from DC to over 100MHz (did you read the paper?) which certainly includes your 100kHz requirement. So what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back