Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF ID Tags,, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
soul11 said:
how can i use rf id tags to locate people?

To "locate people"?!

I think you either have the wrong idea about RFID tags or you don't really mean "locate" people?

Have a look here : **broken link removed** and here : **broken link removed**, but this is far more complex than the basic passive RFID tag, which will not allow enough range to do what you're looking for...

soul11 said:
how can i use rf id tags to locate people?
Basically, you can't.

As far as I know, RF ID tags is more like a unique radio station identifier. It is a way to determine which transceiver is which.

You will need to get a hold of the person first, and hand them a transceiver. Assign a channel to him/her, then get another person, and assign a different channel to him/her.

Then if that person takes off forever, you will know how to contact the person, but you won't know exactly where he/she is without them telling you their location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back