Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF data communication & Decoder/Encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakan

Hello,

I am working on my graduation project which will be using RF transmitter and receiver to move data between circuits.

What i want to do is use the transmitter to send the robot directions like Up,Down,Left,Right each on differant channel or in the same channel but as a binary number, eg: 1010 or 1001
as MSB is the Up and LSB is Right.

My question is when i want to send a group of bits during 20ms using the transmitter/receiver pair, How do i code the microcontroller to save the bits i receive within a certain amount of time in an array so that i can later decode them using code and detect the output pins that should be set to high and the ones set to low?

ex: if i send 1001 i will want to receiving end to move the robot forward and right. How can i receive the 1001 bits and interpret them to know the exact pins that should get the output. I know it is more of a job for the Encoder/Decoder but i also know that it can be done using Microcontroller.

Please guide me to the corret way of doing this.

Regards,
Rakan

Hi Rakan...

you dont need to do those things.. encoding and decoding...

there are already chips available to do this..

all you have is to simply interface.. which is very easy..

Follow the link given by ' Banana Siong ' in the above post...[\b]

it is a very good tutorial...

Regards,

Simran..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back