Reward a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pair of very fine needle nose pliers,
Hi Llama... Me too , but i lent them to my manager at the time ( I had 22 managers over 9 years ! ) .... when asked for there return , he denied he had them , so I never saw them again. But ! I did leave work (18y ago) with all my 'works' tools including a nice pair of Lindstrom side cutters , some MM's and a scope ... win some loose some...

I have a colleague like that. My side cutters went missing and he denied all knowledge. About a week after I got a replacement set sorted out, I was doing a job with him and borrowed "his" cutters, complete with my initials written on the side...

Sounds like you came out on top in the end!

I have had a Vernier caliper micrometer for 45 years. No one has ever borrowed it.
They have asked to borrow a micrometer. Then they say "Oh... well... never mind..."

Last edited:
I have had a Vernier caliper micrometer for 45 years.

That's what we used in high shcool. Once into the trades(die maker) it's amazing how many trained people can't read them. Or today even a dial caliper, if it doesn't have a digital read out they're lost.

Funny things happen. I had visited to southern tip of India. There I asked a shopper that i need a folding knife. I meant fold-able pencil sharpener.
To clarify his doubt , I like to use for pencil mending. He offered a pencil rotary sharpener. My actual need was to slice fruits. The seller refused to sell.

Later I was informed by some locals there that folding knife is used for murdering. I could not but laugh.
here is the item that i wanted to buy.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…