Reviving a Screen Print Dryer HELP Please

snccoulter

Hello, I usually don't just drop into forums, but not an electrical guy. I am in the process of brining life to an old screen print dryer so I can have just 1 more hobby to drive my wife nuts. I can get everything to work separately. The thermostat the blower and heater all work with 220. My motor controller and motor is 110. I don't have enough knowledge or understanding to pull one leg off and supply the motor with 110. I am including a schematic I have drawn up. I have also pictures of the control panel to help with my lack of knowledge/ability to explain. Everything will run off 110 also. I cut the end off a plug and and made the connections, the blower ran the heating coil got hot. When the 220 comes in is it already getting split into 2 separate legs which is why everything ran? If not what do I need to do to 110 to just the motor controller.

Thanks for any help you con provide
Steve

If you haven't got any sockets with two live (hot) connections, a neutral connection and an earth connection, there is no way to safely run the appliance.

You should run the whole thing from a plug that can give you the two live (hot) wires and a neutral. It should be an L14-20 or something like that. All the NEMA plugs that have 120 V and 240 V have numbers that start "L14", I think.

Then you just wire the 240 V loads between the two live wires, and the 120 V loads between neutral and either of the live wires.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…