[review] optotriac

Status
Not open for further replies.

michal_w

Hello colleagues,
I need to make a circuit to turn on a load resistor and then turn off ( I have to measure voltage with and witout load).
I've attached my scheme which I want to use. The load resistor is R2. I want to connect R1 with microcontroller.
Is it correct?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 208
Hi,

Im not sure if those opto's you are talking about using here are made for continuous load handling like that. Some of them are made just for firing a regular triac. You might want to double check the specs.

So, what should I use? I want to turn on and turn off the load resistor when I want, not when it cross zero (like using thyrisotrs or triacs).

Hi again,

What kind of load are you trying to drive, it is just a resistor? What value?

The MOC3020 can only switch 100mA max. so the maximum V1 supply voltage you could use with a 100 ohm resistor would be 10V. If you want to switch more current than that you can go with a larger DC output solid-state relay.

Edit: The MOC3020 also has a triac output so it will switch at the zero crossing. If you want it to switch otherwise you will need a DC output solid-state relay.

Last edited:
I have to measure the output voltage of a transformer with and without load resistance.
Voltage range is 10-15 V.

A relay?

Or a FET or transistor that connects the resistor to the transformer secondary using a diode bridge?

Hello,
thanks for your replies.
If I will use solid state relay is it possible to switch off the load resistor in any moment of the time (like in attached picture) ?

Attachments

• resistor.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 193
Hello,
thanks for your replies.
If I will use solid state relay is it possible to switch off the load resistor in any moment of the time (like in attached picture) ?
As I stated in my previous post, you need to use a DC output type solid-state relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…