Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reversing switch for 90 VDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasks467

I am wondering how to add direction reversing to a 90 VDC motor that is around 1/10 horsepower. The motor is connected to a variable speed controller/ 115 VAC input power supply by a 3 foot long cable. The power supply case is about 4” wide x 4” high x 8” long, with a little bit of space underneath the cover near the DC output connector where there is clear access to the output wires.

I work with a lot of Bodine 90 VDC motors (fractional HP) and just use a simple DPDT switch with a center off. You just don't want the motor turning full speed CW and then go full speed CCW with the flip of the switch. Anyway, that is all I do.

Should look like the attached.

Ron

Attachments

• Motor Reverse Switch.gif
    Motor Reverse Switch.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back