Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reversing solenoid valve function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sravanreddy@143

Hi all , this is shravan from india , i like to know whether is it possible to reverse the function of solenoid valve ,
in the above video , the water shoot out when there is motion or presence of cat using solenoid and motion sensor , is it possible to reverse this (means stops the water flow when there is motion . thank you

Welcome to ETO, sravanreddy@143!

Using the same components as those of your current system?

hi , thanks for the reply , it wont matter whether with same or adding extra system , i want the reverse effect , if u got any idea , please share .

Invert drive signal, depends on hi or lo side switch. But solenoids get hot unless rated 100%

hi , thanks for the reply , it wont matter whether with same or adding extra system , i want the reverse effect , if u got any idea , please share .
In keeping with your method(s) for using parts borrowed from stuff around the house, how about a water valve from a clothes or dish washer? Mains voltage, of course.

Or a 12Vdc rig, like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP5WY3Y/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=
Only USD$6.99

All can be kept powered (open) for any length of time, then power off to stop flow.

Is this what you mean?

BTW, like your video and the asides are funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back