Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reverse polarity circuit for pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankos

I am not an electronics person and need to confirm if this would work.

In the diagram pictured i am trying to make a reverse polarity circuit to a pump from a battery. operated by two switches to reverse the polarity.

**broken link removed**

on the left side of diagram the + and - are the battery. On the right the oval is a pump that is operated with reversed polarity to change its direction.

the 3 dots are switches. Single polarity double throw relay switches. By default the switch is set to one position.

-------------------------------

In theory it should work as follows

When i change the top switch polarity goes in one direction.

When i turn the bottom switch polarity should go in the opposite direction.

-------------------------------

There is a loop on the negative polarity that goes back to itself because the SPDT switches are defaulted to one position. There is no no contact position.

Will this cause any problems ?

And will this diagram work in practice and just not theory ?

Last edited:
This will work, but it's usually done with a double pole, double throw switch. It's just slicker to do it all with one click.

Best with a Double Pole/Double Throw/Center Off switch.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back