Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverse engineering solar garden light

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboRoshi

Hello all, I've read a bit here, but this is my first post.

I'm an electronics newbie trying to reverse engineer a solar garden light, and I have drawn up the schematic as far as I can see, but there is a lot of plastic goo at the bottom of the plastic under the solar cell, so I'm not sure this is at all complete. I wonder if you could give an idea if there is a diode or other likely components to tell me if this schematic makes any sense at all?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• solarlight.jpg
    solarlight.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,453
I suspect that you have found a part that was manufactured in the 18th week of 2003 because I am getting nothing by using JD1803 as a part number. Without knowing what that is, I am stumped. Your circuit looks a bit wrong, but I have nothing to prove I'm right.

I do believe that the LED needs a resistor in series with it, but there are LEDs that come with resistors inside them. Again, I can't prove anything.

It's the 4 wire part that has me stumped the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back