Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverse Engineering my navi! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0rna

This might be a little complicated.

So i got this navi second hand, retails for a couple of hundred paid 50 for it. The problem is, the rare pioneer battery it uses is missing and the unit has a battery check, so it just wont run off of wall power.

Most rechargeable batteries have 3 pins. +- and t, usually in the order +t- or -t+, where t is the temperature sensor. some batteries also have a charge level pin so they have 4 pins.

The battery in question has two sets of three pins. In the first attachment, the 6 pins are shown.

From the power source shown in the second attachment, the power goes through the small chip marked 4435BZ which is a:

P-Channel PowerTrench MOSFET -30V, -8.8A (Data sheet attached)

The larger circle represents the occurrence of this chip, which takes care of (regulating?) or inverting for charging the battery? Its some sort of a high speed switch/inverter.

It's used 3 times on the board, i would guess the first one is to manage power switching for the AC input, the second to charge and manage battery, and the third to use as an inverter for the back light of the screen?

You can see that the wire with the arrow in the attachment carries current from the ac and the tracks split in a Y manner towards the two sets of battery pins, hinting that the battery may employ dual identical cells, but i cannot confirm this.

Long story short, i am trying to get this unit up and running using only external power (not a battery). I am attempting to directly input power from the battery pins to circumvent the battery check/ and or remove it in all.

This battery is really quiet rare and pioneer does not have any in stock themselves. Also its listed as a 1200mah Lithium-ion cell.

I am in a pickle!

If anyone could help, it would be of most appreciation as i am not an expert at all.

Thank you.

EDIT: I posted in the wrong forums. Mods can move. Sorry not sure how that happened.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips