Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverse engineering FUN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboybob

Most Helpful Member
Never Mind...

Dumb idea.

Thanks,

CBB

Last edited:
Creativity is cool :)

Reverse engineering....:(

Not so cool. Just me. Copying original stuff is um....fake and easy to do. Origination is much harder....

Like the Chinese. Not an original idea in their bones.

No offense :rolleyes:

Cheers,
TV Tech

I agree with TVtech.

I was concerned the thread would be misunderstood.

And it was. But No foul. I've removed it (as best as I can).

Thanks,

CBB

It can be fun. It gives experimenters a good starting point to work from. Then we add form there and make it our own.

Thanks, 4pyros.

That was my intention, but I was a little too blatant about it.

While I'm at it, I might as well show you what I came up with. I didn't try to sim it. It looks like a series current controller, I assumed the transistor type (NPN). Don't know much about these really. And I probably screwed up transposing the circuit.

View attachment 60729

Last edited:
There are legit reasons for retro e: the mfg no longer exist or is not willing to provide service info and also to learn and understand a concept, but it is wrong to copy (I would neeever do that!).
There is no resistive connection of the collector of TR3 to V+ or another potential of the circuit. Could the diode connected to the collector of TR3 be an SCR (R5 than should go to the gate) and TR3 is used to turn off the SCR by commutation? E

Don't know, caanadaelk. I'll look.

Thanks for looking. That was really my point of this thread, (before I took it out).

And thanks for suggesting some corrections to the schematic. I'll try in the sim.

I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back