Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Restroom Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydi12345

Hi ETO, I would like to build an automation system for our restroom. When it is activated, it should turn on exhaust fan and lights on when a human is in range but when he/she is out everything would be turned off.

I am thinking about using this type of sensor.
**broken link removed**

I am planning to modify the device and connect it to a relay or triac to turn the exhaust fan and fluorescent lights on and off. I am not sure though if this would be the best up. I am looking for a very good and reliable setting that could last years with only a few maintenance. It would be used 24/7 so durability is a top priority.

Any feedbacks would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

How about one of these, they are all made for the job and have a power supply and a triac built in.

**broken link removed**

Sensors that fit into the single gang outlet boxes are common in the US.

The fan needs to stay on longer than the lights with either a "Delay on Break" or humidity sensors. It's also common in larger restrooms to have a dim light on continuously because you can't sense everybody in each stall.

so, when you enter the restroom it's very dimly lit. The motion sensor turns on the lights for a specific ampount of time as long as motion isn't detected.

A user goe sin the stall where he/she cannot be seen by the detector and takes too long. The lights turn off. There is enough light to exit the stall and to hopefully be seen by the sensor again.

Although, this https://www.atkielski.com/PhotoGallery/Paris/General/SanisetteLarge.html is what I think about when someone says automated restroom.

The title is probably a poor translation because it says "Proximity Detector" but the simple PIR is just a motion detector.
When you stop moving then the lights and fan turn off. You do not want that in a restroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back