Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonance

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

hi friends,

can anyone help me to learn the "resonance" in electroncs theory?

i know soe thing about feedback but i am not sure how resonance phenomena happen in a transistor by feedback and amplifying the signal, and specially in "LC"s , i dont know,i have no idea

the resonance of a circuit depends on?

thanks

Resonance in a transistor circuit with feedback is a situation where the feedback is positive but not enuf to cause oscillation. This is tricky and can be unstable. In a practical circuit, there are phase shifting networks so the feedback in in phase for a narrow band of frequencies. Where the feedback is out of phase, the signal is attenuated..

Last edited by a moderator:
Russlk said:
Resonance in a transistor circuit with feedback is a situation where the feedback is positive but not enuf to cause oscillation. This is tricky and can be unstable. In a practical circuit, there are phase shifting networks so the feedback in in phase for a narrow band of frequencies. Where the feedback is out of phase, the signal is attenuated..

i think it is better someone explain what is resonance phenomenon in electrincs, and why a circuit can not have a resonance more than what it has? does it depend on components nature or?

[
i think it is better someone explain what is resonance phenomenon in electrincs, and why a circuit can not have a resonance more than what it has? does it depend on components nature or?[/quote]

This does not make sense to me. Can you pose the question more clearly?

In simple terms resonance occurs in a tuned circuit when the capacitive reactance(XC) = the inductive reactance (XL).
So the frequency and the value of the inductor and the capacitor affect the
resonant frequency. It can also be calculated using the formula Fr=1/√LC.
Where the inductance is in henries and the capacitance is in farads.

The formula for inductive reactance is XL=2∏FL
The formula for capacitive reactance is XC=1/(2∏FC)

Resonance can occur in both series and parallel LC circuits.

k7elp60 said:
In simple terms resonance occurs in a tuned circuit when the capacitive reactance(XC) = the inductive reactance (XL).
So the frequency and the value of the inductor and the capacitor affect the
resonant frequency. It can also be calculated using the formula Fr=1/2∏ √LC.
Where the inductance is in henries and the capacitance is in farads.

The formula for inductive reactance is XL=2∏FL
The formula for capacitive reactance is XC=1/(2∏FC)

Resonance can occur in both series and parallel LC circuits.

Correction in red. This formula follows from the 2 quoted above. Let XL = XC and solve for F.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back