Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resistor value for lcd contrast adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

what resistor value should one use on a contrast adjust pin to make a clear display?
i've connect 1K from the pin to ground but my display is not that visible.

any idea?

what resistor value should one use on a contrast adjust pin to make a clear display?
i've connect 1K from the pin to ground but my display is not that visible.

any idea?

Use a 5K or 10K pot, one end of the pot to +5V the other end to 0V and the wiper to the Contrast pin, adjust the pot for best contrast.

Use a 5K or 10K pot, one end of the pot to +5V the other end to 0V and the wiper to the Contrast pin, adjust the pot for best contrast.

i've tried that one but it couldn't work for me. i.e the display could not dispaly anything. it only works with resistor to ground. i dont if thats the LCD i'm using.

i've tried that one but it couldn't work for me. i.e the display could not dispaly anything. it only works with resistor to ground. i dont if thats the LCD i'm using.

When you have the pot connected are you able to adjust the pot so that the black pixel boxes are visible.
In other words can you adjust the pot so the pixels can be turned on and off.?

When you have the pot connected are you able to adjust the pot so that the black pixel boxes are visible.
In other words can you adjust the pot so the pixels can be turned on and off.?

i've got it now.....:) its like ever since i was getting tired( with the screwing) before the pixel can be on....

but stil i can't see the characters being deep black...

i've got it now.....:) its like ever since i was getting tired( with the screwing) before the pixel can be on....

but stil i can't see the characters being deep black...

hi,
Are you saying that you can see the characters the PIC is sending to the LCD.? but they are not black enough
OR are you seeing just the square pixel blocks.

Whats the weather like in CPT.?

Last edited:
hi,
Are you saying that you can see the characters the PIC is sending to the LCD.? but they are not black enough
OR are you seeing just the square pixel blocks.

yes, i can see the characters the AVR is sending to the LCD but not black enough...

Whats the weather like in CPT.?

...passing clouds. it's mild with about 23 degrees celcius..

Last edited:
Use 33 ohms resistor between pin 1 and 3 of LCD,, and use 330 ohms resistor between
pin 2 and 3 of LCD, and use 5V powersupply for LCD Vcc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back