Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Cap said:
Hi Fighterdion, you may find it beneficial to fit a key operated switch on the battery supply (system arming) switch. You can remove the key while the switch is set to off and that way it will stop anyone operating the system who is not allowed to and adds a safety feature too!.

Les

watch my shemes carfully, already thaught about

Cool Fighterdion, I did not spot that on your earlier diagram, must be old age creeping in! A friend of mine did what you are doing some years ago, just to remotely fire off the annual fireworks. He used an old post office uni-selector that was pulsed one step round at a time. That way he only needed one indicating LED and saved on all those push button switches. He could also set the uni-selector closer to the fireworks so the wiring to each firework was shorter in length. As it will be dark? when you set off the fireworks then the LED's may not need to be so bright. If you take the resistors up to 470 Ohms you will have a reasonable 8.5mA through each LED and depending on how long you will be operating the box, will save a bit of battery power.
Have fun
Les

Battery is safer, if you use mains power from a transformer you have to think super safety with other people around. A safety isolation transformer would have to be mandatory so yes, keep with the battery and have a safe night.
Les

Ty, i made an adjustment in the sheme i found there. I am using 1.5V led's so i placed 220 Ohm resistors before each LED. The LED on the bottom of the sheme is a indication LED. If that is gone out, without the firework launched, its safe to go and check it, because the wire is broken then. Is this a good sheme? If its not, please make adjustments until its right.

Sheme: The resistors without current are 220Ohm resistors srry
Sheme: The resistor before the LED on the bottom is a 220Ohm resistor

Attachments

• firewk2.png
    firewk2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back