Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resistor help

Status
Not open for further replies.
cantfindausername said:
The HIDs should only be used with clear leses. If they are "lined" lenses then it diffuses the light and messes it up. The HIDs you get on eBay are a straight replacement. They plug into the stock light source and don't put any extra strain on the wiring as the wattage is lower than normal Halogen lights. Think its like 35w but 20kV or something like that. As for aiming, mine followed (exactely) the light pattern that my halogens had. But the light output is seriously, and I kid you not, 2000 times better. Even against my "super white" halogens! I was happy with my halogens until I got my HIDs :)

Mine was not a "boy roy" modification, I went for the 6000k HIDs which are pure white. Non of this blue tint. Although my eyes are still not used to seeing things in colour at night, something with that just seems wrong lol

Well, I can't dismiss what you say out of hand. Maybe next time I need new headlights I'll look into it. I'd need to replace my whole headlight assembly though, and I'll have to do more research.

When I see the blue ones around Vancouver it's usually on some slicked-out gansta-looking blingbling SUV which will probably get shot to ribbons before long. :)

Torben

I think all the gangstas in Toronto have killed each other and are buried. Good riddance.
Most were American criminals and they brought their guns with them when they came here.

Some provinces might have that; I don't know. Motor vehicles are a provincially-governed thing, not federal. I only know what we have in B.C. Last year in Richmond (suburb of Vancouver) there was a massive licencing scandal where it was found that over two thousand drivers had bribed a couple of licencing examiners to give them their licences without passing (in some cases without even *taking*) their tests. Given what drivers around there are like, no-one was surprised.

Last year I lived in Richmond, and have never, in my life, seen so many BMWs and Mercedes with a New driver, or Learner sticker on the back. No wonder our insurance rates are so high.

I'm so glad I don't have to drive in Richmond any more. I'm sure the world's worst drivers drive there.

audioguru said:
I think all the gangstas in Toronto have killed each other and are buried. Good riddance.
Most were American criminals and they brought their guns with them when they came here.

I think they all moved out to Vancouver. Every week someone is gunned down here. They should all go back to the US, where they belong. =)

BeeBop said:
They should all go back to the US, where they belong. =)
They should all go back to Africa and Jamaica where they came from.

cantfindausername said:
The place I've found to get them from are the same price regardless of colour. Maybe a list of potential suppliers would be usefull at this point.
Still, using white LEDs with a red filter is pretty silly since white LEDs don't give out much red light compared to red LEDs. In short, if just use red LEDs and it'll be much brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back