Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Color Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey all i just got my order of resistors from DipMicro and looks cool but they are 5 band and i dont know if its me but im confused.. They come in little small bags like 10 per bag with different values on a label stating which are in the bag.

Resistor proto-set 61 values 10R-10M 1/4W - dipmicro electronics

Now the issue is i think they may have bagged it wrong..,

Tell me if im right here:

Brown, Black, Black, Brown, Brown
Which should be 1K Ohms with a +/- 1%

Am i right?
If so why is it in a bag with values (in ohms):
10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 27, 33, 39, 47, 56, 68, 82

Hey all i just got my order of resistors from DipMicro and looks cool but they are 5 band and i dont know if its me but im confused.. They come in little small bags like 10 per bag with different values on a label stating which are in the bag.

Resistor proto-set 61 values 10R-10M 1/4W - dipmicro electronics

Now the issue is i think they may have bagged it wrong..,

Tell me if im right here:

Brown, Black, Black, Brown, Brown
Which should be 1K Ohms with a +/- 1%

Am i right?
If so why is it in a bag with values (in ohms):
10, 12, 15, 18, 22, 27, 33, 39, 47, 56, 68, 82

hi,
Perhaps this will help.
**broken link removed**
or this
**broken link removed**
If in doubt use your ohm meter.:)

Last edited:
Just did 1 bag and am relieved to say all resistors came 100% just was some from another bag in this one (470 ohm and 110 Ohm) Thanks Alot again

I never bother reading the bands, unless the resistor is already in the circuit, I use a small auto-ranging DVM to check the resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back