Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resister help...Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoattriple

I have a 9805 Voltage regulater putting out a steady 5 volts.My question is,(The npn transister is getting wiegh to hot.So i want to cut the power down.Lets say i want the 9805 to putt out abought 2 or 3 volts,How do i determen which resister to use?How is this dun?and also is 5 volts too much to run the resister?..............I would like to go from the battery then 9805 then a resister to load then ground.

first of all, is that a 9805 or is it a 7805??

can u attatch a schematic of your circuit?

because no one knows which NPN transistor are u talking about. maybe it is supposed to be hot because of high currents. usually dropping the voltage with a single resistor is not a good idea and its a big waste of energy. this might be a big issue in battery operated systems. maybe u made the circuit wrong. u can give us a link of the circuit so we could see what u are trying to do and where u went wrong

ghoattriple

You must change the 9805 or 7805 for a LM317 if you want 2 to 3 volts output.

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back