Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resettable alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kofi

Hi this is Kofi from Ghana.Every body born in southern Ghana on friday is called Kofi.
I am building a burglar alarm system.I want to be able to silence the siren with a cancel/resettable switch or button.
Occasionally,birds trigger off a 'false alarm' i want to able silence the siren as quickly as possible to prevent nuisance to neighours with a cancel/resettable switch by the of toggle switch or button.
Question is how?

Hi this is Kofi from Ghana.Every body born in southern Ghana on friday is called Kofi.
I am building a burglar alarm system.I want to be able to silence the siren with a cancel/resettable switch or button.
Occasionally,birds trigger off a 'false alarm' i want to able silence the siren as quickly as possible to prevent nuisance to neighours with a cancel/resettable switch by the of toggle switch or button.
Question is how?

hi kofi,
Most alarms have a RESET button so that the alarm can be cancelled.

The method I use for false alarms is to have a low level alarm sound for say about 10seconds then the main loud alarm sound after that.
So when I get an alarm I can quickly check whats caused it and RESET it if required.

We would need to see your circuit diagram so that we can advise how to fit a RESET switch...

I am still buying the parts and not have the circuit diagram.
Can anyone help me with schematic and expalin.
thanks
hi kofi,
Most alarms have a RESET button so that the alarm can be cancelled.

The method I use for false alarms is to have a low level alarm sound for say about 10seconds then the main loud alarm sound after that.
So when I get an alarm I can quickly check whats caused it and RESET it if required.

We would need to see your circuit diagram so that we can advise how to fit a RESET switch...

There are many possible solutions, but in order to implement a "Silence"/"Reset" switch, you will need to have a schematic of the alarm system that you are going to use. If you can post it or a link, it should be easy to provide help.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back