Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandu13

hai

Aim doing automatic cleaning system using 89C51 .In that after completion of cleaning cycle The microcontroller should reset and it should be ready for next cycle.

How to reset the microcontroller after completion of cycle.

Initially aim using power on reset circuit.

Thank you
Regards
chandu

I'm not familiar with the 89C51, but you could make a jump to the reset vector and do all the initialising stuff, or use a pin to make a hardware reset.

You can also reset your internal variables and registers to zero and just run the input loop to wait for the start og the next cycle.

If you are capable of writing the loops and timing routines to actually perform the steps of the wash cycle, I don't see how you would even need to ask something like this... if you want your program to go to the beginning, write the code to make it go to the beginning!

In assembly or BASIC or similar, this could be as simple as a GOTO instruction, in a higher-level language like C it can be as easy as putting your whole program inside an infinite WHILE loop.

BASIC and C are both high level languages aren't they?

I agree, BASIC is generally higher level than C but to be pickey it depends on the dialect. GCC is definately a higher level than BBC BASIC but Visul Basic is more higher level than GCC.

Fair enough, my wording choice was poor - by "a higher-level language" I didn't intend a comparison between BASIC and C, merely to say that C is a somewhat high-level language in the grand scheme of programming languages... perhaps "high-ish-level level language" would have been more appropriate ;)

I was merely associating BASIC and ASM because of the use of GOTO-type statements which are either disallowed or at least frowned upon in languages like C - with the use of a GOTO, it would be very easy to just start from the very beginning of the program again, without having to use loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back