Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require Help with Designing a Circuit for a Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your above circuit similar to this one??
No. Mine doesn't use any relays.
Where would I add the pot on the stripboard?
Wherever is convenient.
would I still require diodes?
AsI said, "This new circuit also includes two diodes which effectively disconnect the pot when neither switch is pressed, to avoid current drain when the circuit is not in use, and so eliminate an 'off' switch."
If you omit the diodes the 10k pot will waste about 1mA when the circuit is idle, reducing battery life.

No. Mine doesn't use any relays.
Wherever is convenient.
AsI said, "This new circuit also includes two diodes which effectively disconnect the pot when neither switch is pressed, to avoid current drain when the circuit is not in use, and so eliminate an 'off' switch."
If you omit the diodes the 10k pot will waste about 1mA when the circuit is idle, reducing battery life.

Do you think your circuit would be a more effective option to make than the one I've shown??

Naturally ;). I guess it depends on what you mean by 'effective' though. Mine doesn't need relays (hence uses less current) or an off switch. Nor do you need to make pads for touch switches (which in any case depend for their operation on skin resistance, which varies widely making them somewaht 'iffy'). The two diodes are only a few cents/pence each.

Herewith revised circuits including improved voltage spike-suppression features.
The non-latching version should handle a wider range of skin resistance across the touch-switch contacts.
The switching logic has been simplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back