Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimes

iam a final year student .iam have do a project named hands free car .
I show images of various controls in a car . person without his fore limb will just view the image using a digital camera studded in his helmet.this will give send to computer which will check the image in its database and give corresponding control signal to perform the action. is yhis projrct feasible.

I agree with Boomslang. It should be technically possible (in fact, it is: similar systems have been built before) but for driving a vehicle? I hope nothing like that is ever used on any road I'm likely to be on. Making it safe would seem to be very hard to do.

How would you handle those little involuntary glances which everybody does from time to time? And even using a heads-up display, how would the system tell the difference between the user looking at something on the road and trying to trigger a command?

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back