Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for pic thermometer code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am just starting out with PICs.

I have a few to work with 16f84a, 16f628, 16f88, 16f877a.

I really want to make a thermostat using 16f84 or 16f628.
For the temp probe I want to use DS18s20. And I also want to use a
standard 2x16 LCD.

I have all these components. I have been looking for ages for code or complete project instrutions but have only been able to find projects using
thermisters or led displays.

I have been looking for thermometer projects which I thought I could adapt to utilise extended resolution of the DS18s20 and also adapt to work as a thermostat.

Does anyone know where I can find a PIC thermometer code that uses Dallas temp ic's and 2x16 LCD.

Cheers

Luke

JunglePython said:
Does anyone know where I can find a PIC thermometer code that uses Dallas temp ic's and 2x16 LCD.

My tutorials show how to use an LCD with a 16F628, you're better off sticking to that rather than the obselete 16F84 - all you need to do is add code for reading the Dallas chip.

:wink:

Here is some code i wrote for the dallas 1621 and 1624 chips, I hope this is usefull to you......

No comebacks if it nukes your project, no warrenties implied etc......

The code is written for 12c508x

Attachments

• dallas_temp.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 355
Nigel Goodwin said:
JunglePython said:

My tutorials show how to use an LCD with a 16F628, you're better off sticking to that rather than the obselete 16F84 - all you need to do is add code for reading the Dallas chip.

Well, on the other hand, if he has 16F84's lying around, it's better to use them for a project like this (wich will fit in it), and save the '628 for a project wich really needs the more pins and memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back