Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for better link formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

Forgive me if this has come up before, but one of the very few defects of this site, in my view, is the default formatting of links embedded in text (like this one, which is link to a message which has a link in it).

Basically, there's not enough contrast between link text and non-link text to make them stand out. To get around this, I put all my links in bold (and I see other members also italicize them for good measure). This seems kind of klugey to me.

I ASS-U-ME that this would probably be a simple change, involving a change to a style sheet somewhere.

I've never had a problem spotting them, but higher contrast would be nice, I'd even go so far as to say bold underline underlining has been used since the days of the text based Lynx browser. Using a lighter blue might help as well.

Last edited:
I use Bold, Italic and Underline so the things are hard to miss. Guess I could change color too? Yes, with just default links are easy to miss.

Ron

Last edited:
Is this a problem with links in the post area or is it a general problem with the entire site?

I've only noticed it in the message posting areas, but of course as site owner you'd be in a position to know what styles apply to what sections of the site.

You could underline links as suggested above, but that's so ... 1990s. Perhaps you could just find a better color for links, one with more contrast to regular text (but of course still readable). Probably don't even have to bold links. They don't have to jump off the screen and assault your eyeballs; just a little more oomph would make them stand out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back