Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[req]interface dc voltage to pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastertushar

hi a want to interface small varying dc voltage to conputer by and port and i want to use it in visual basic program to do further action .. my varying voltage say 0 to 5 v or 0 to 10v dc ,,.. can anybody help me for this using any microcontroller. like pic... thanx in advance

You can interface a PIC to the PC depending on exactly what you want or you can make it easy using a simple device like this one or maybe you could use this one. You don't mention the resolution you want in the A to D conversion process like 10 bit, 12 bit or more?

Additionally you don't mention what version of VB you plan to use but I guess it doesn't matter to much.

You may want to consider using the USB port for your comm port (interface) as the Parallel Port is just about dead and seldom seen on new systems, likewise the RS232 port is going away. More information would help and as to interfacing the PC to the PIC you may want to post in the Microcontrollers section of the forums.

Ron

thanx for hepl... i want to use VB 6 and 10 bit resolution is enough ... i am interestedto make it using pic... plz help me.. thanx again

thanx for hepl... i want to use VB 6 and 10 bit resolution is enough ... i am interestedto make it using pic... plz help me.. thanx again

hi,
This is another option.

Attachments

• MCP3204b.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 224
  • DVM3204a.zip
    101.5 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 200
whenever i try to run DVM4.exe it say see in image attach

hi,
As the notes say, you need to install the Visual Basic runtime files, free download from the web, install the runtime files into the Windows/System32 folder.
These run time files are often required for VB created programs.
I have included all the files in my DV4.zip folder, including DLL's needed to control the PC parallel port.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back